Optimized Plumbing & Piping is proud to offer many options if you would like a new water filter. These include whole house water filter, point of use water filters, and reverse osmosis water filters.
Below you will find the benefits of each but if you have any questions or would like to schedule an installation please call us today at 209-352-4294.
Whole house water filters
- Can provide cleaner drinking water.
- Can provide odorless water (can even eliminate rotten egg smell).
- Cleaner bathroom and kitchen fixtures due to less mineral deposits
- Less staining of clothes
- Less corrosion to pipes, valves, and plumbing fixtures
- Less damage to faucets due to small particles
- Less chance of running toilets due to small particles in toilet fill valve
Water filters remove sand, sediment, calcium, magnesium, chlorine, lead, and other elements from water.
Point of use water filters (including carbon filters or reverse osmosis)
Reverse osmosis uses a semipermeable membrane to filter water. They can remove 99% of elements including lead, mercury, copper, pesticides, herbicides, nitrates, tannins, bacteria, and disease causing pathogens. Most RO filters have between 3-5 stages of filtration.
- Course pre filter to remove sand, rust, and sediment.
- Carbon block which removes chlorine, and taste/odor.
- Carbon block further reduces taste and odor.
- Reverse osmosis membrane reduces microscopic impurities.
- Activated carbon granules finish off the process
- Carbon pre filters normally need to be replaced every 6 months.
- RO membranes normally need to be replaced every 2-5 years.
- Carbon post filter normally needs to be replaced every 6 months.
- The whole system should be sanitized every 12 months
- Always follow manufacturers instructions.
Optimized Plumbing & Piping is a full service plumbing contractor. We have Sonora CA plumbers who service all parts of Tuolumne County, and Calaveras County including Sonora, Angels Camp, Copperopolis, Groveland, San Andreas, Murphys, Arnold, Twain Harte and Mi Wuk Village. We also have Modesto CA plumbers who service Stanislaus county including Modesto, Riverbank, and Oakdale. Please call 209-352-4294 to schedule one of our well qualified plumbers for your plumbing needs.
To find out more about our Sonora, Ca based plumbing repair service go to: http://optimizedpiping.com/blog/sonora-ca-plumbers/