Tankless water heater service is something that most manufactures recommend on an annual basis. Optimized Plumbing & Piping is qualified to not only install tankless water heaters but also to service them. We can be reached at 209-352-4294 and are a full service plumbing contractor.
Each manufacturer is a little bit different but the common tankless water heater service we offer includes:
- Wiping down the outside to prevent dust buildup that can clog combustion air filter.
- Draining of the tankless water heater to remove any trapped particles.
- Removing the water filter and cleaning it with water and brush if needed.
- Removing and cleaning of the intake air filter. (Some manufacturers say this should be done every 3-4 months so most customers will want to do this in between annual tankless water heater service) This can be done on some models by locating it under the intake air duct, but above the fan. Removing the filter from the bottom of the intake air duct is done by removing the plastic assembly (sometimes there is a screw or 2). Once removed clean it with a toothbrush, air dry it, and then replace it.
- The coils or heat exchanger are then flushed with a vinegar solution to remove mineral and sediment buildup. This buildup can reduce the efficiency of the tankless water heater or even prevent it from working properly.
In addition to these steps for tankless water heater service it is also a good idea to install a sediment filter on the cold water inlet pipe. This will prevent other costly maintenance issues and extend the life of your new tankless water heater. Without this annual tankless water heater service you could be reducing the efficiency and longevity that you were probably looking for when you purchased your unit. We are listed in the Navien tankless water heater website as a service provider and installer and can offer this service for any other brand on the market. You can find us on the Navien site at http://navienamerica.com/NssFinder/?zipcode=95370&distance=10&stype=s.
Optimized Plumbing & Piping is a Sonora, CA plumbing contractor and serves all parts of Tuolumne County, and Calaveras County including Sonora, Angels Camp, Copperopolis, San Andreas, Murphys, Arnold, Twain Harte, Mi Wuk village and Groveland. We also have Modesto CA plumbers who serve Stanislaus County including the towns of Modesto, Riverbank, and Oakdale.
Written by: Curtis McQuinn