Here are some tips from your Sonora plumbers at Optimized Plumbing & Piping for what to do in case of a plumbing emergency we hope this helps you avoid the costly damage that can be caused while water is running from a leaking pipe or while waiting for a water heater repair.
1) Turn off water at your main shutoff valve. If the only one you have is at your meter box you should have one added that is in a more convenient location, and close to get to in emergencies.
2) Turn off water heater. To do this on a gas water heater shut off the gas valve, then turn the control dial to off. On an electric water heater shut off the power supply. If you don’t turn of the water heater the heat can damage your tank or elements with out water inside to dissipate the heat.
3) Open Faucets. Open all faucets to drain the water from your plumbing system faster.
4) Flush toilets Flush all toilets to help drain water. Make sure fixtures on upper floors are open even if they don’t have water coming out, this will break the vapor block and let the water drain faster.
5) Try to locate the leak. Look for water coming from walls, or from underneath fixtures. If no flow of water is visible it may be helpful for someone to open the water valve a little bit, and somebody else to look for flowing water.
6) Call Sonora plumbers at Optimized Plumbing & Piping We provide plumbing service for the areas of Sonora, Angels Camp, Copperopolis, Groveland, Twain Harte, Tuolumne, San Andreas, Jackson, Oakdale, Riverbank, Modesto, and Merced.